Safety Regulation Radiation Safety Radiation around Living Environments
Radiation Safety Radiation around Living Environments
KINS enforces safety regulations related to the installation and operation of processed products, cosmic radiation, and radiation monitors, including licensing and licensing related to registration, reporting, and reporting of the handling and use of natural radioactive substances for the safe management of radiation present around living environments.
- Raw Materials, residues, and Products
- KINS manages information on the domestic distribution of natural radioactive substances using a registration system for raw materials, residues handlers, and product manufacturers that meet the criteria for registration. It also performs safety regulation work to ensure the safety of workers and citizens working in related companies by compelling business operators to take necessary measures for the protection of workers.
- Imported Items and Recycled Scrap Metal
- KINS installs and operates radiation monitors at major domestic airports and ports to monitor the inflow of radioactive materials via imported cargo and recycled scrap metal. Moreover, it obliges recycled scrap metal businesses to install and operate radiation monitors.
- Cosmic Radiation
- KINS periodically monitors the radiation exposure of each airline in order to protect aviation crew exposed to cosmic radiation, and it performs safety regulation work to ensure the safety of crew members, such as requiring the crew to provide relevant information.