Safety Regulation Radiation Safety Radioactive Waste, Nuclear Period
Radiation Safety Radioactive Waste, Nuclear Period
KINS enforces strict safety regulations throughout the entire process of operating radioactive waste, radioactive waste management facilities, and nuclear fuel cycle facilities.
- Radioactive Waste Management
- KINS enforces safety regulations throughout the entire process of treatment, storage, transportation, and disposal of radioactive waste generated from nuclear-related facilities according to the source and type of generated radiation.
- Radioactive Waste Management Facilities
- A radioactive waste management facility refers to a facility, and its subsidiary facilities, that stores, treats, and disposes radioactive waste. KINS enforces safety regulations throughout the entire process of developing radioactive waste management facilities pursuant to nuclear safety-related laws, standards, and procedures.
- Nuclear Fuel Cycle Facilities
- Nuclear fuel cycle facilities include facilities tasked with uranium mining, refining, conversion, enrichment, processing, and spent nuclear fuel treatment, and KINS manages the safety of such facilities throughout the entire process of their construction to decommission.